We Provide Best Advice For Your Business
The American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) The Gambia, was formed and opened in May 2010. The organization is a voluntary partnership of business and professional people working together to build a healthy economy and to improve the quality of life in our community by multiplying trade opportunities. It also takes the responsibility as an economic developer and planner, tourist information center, business spokesperson, economic counselor, and teacher.
Also improving the economic vitality of the community and enhance the quality of life, promoting the nation’s private enterprise system of competitive marketing, make a better understanding of business and entrepreneurship to add value to investment between the Gambia and the United States.
The Chamber will further improve the general welfare of its society; contribute to the overall economic stability of all segments of the community. Most importantly we acknowledge the needs of members.
Encourage an orderly expansion and develop of all segments of the community
First Growing Process
Facilitates the export and import of products between the USA and The Gambia.
Establish partnership with U.S investors and Gambian entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs/Innovators seek new business and investment opportunities, therefore our main objectives are to:
- Help businesses prosper and grow.
- Increase job opportunities.
- Encourage an orderly expansion and development of all segments of the community
- Facilitates the export and import of products between the USA and The Gambia.
- Establish partnership with U.S investors and Gambian entrepreneurs
- To promote the nation’s private enterprise system of competitive marketing
- To promote the African Growth and Opportunities Act (AGOA) provides reforming African countries with the most liberal access to US markets by offering tangible incentives for African countries to continue their efforts to open their economies and build free markets.
Advance the general welfare and prosperity of businesses and communities in The Gambia and the United States. Help business relationships prosper and grow between the Gambia and the United States. Amcham recognizes that there has been a weak commercial relationship between the US and Gambia which is responsible for the fewer trade activities between the two countries. We believe that the only way to put an end to these problems is to promote the development of growth-oriented market reforms based on a framework that has the following outcomes:
- Facilitate movement of trade and factors of production
- Create commercial infrastructure and distribution system
- Develop stable commercial laws and regulations
- Create a strong network of an enthusiastic and trustworthy group of entrepreneurs in both countries.
To promote and facilitates trade and investment between the Gambia and the United States.
Achieving the objectives of our members; build up the relationship of Africa-USA business. Creating opportunities, encourage and facilitate mutual business investments between the Gambia and the USA, advocate Gambia and US business interests and promote economic, cultural and human resource development.
The organization has been in response to these considerable developments that have redefined potential opportunities for trade relationships between the US and the Gambia.
The new motion of devolution is currently sweeping the African continent, which encourages private sector in economic development and beyond.